Qualified for and interested in working at Blue Ridge Public Safety?
Qualifications for Employment:
- Meet all minimum standards set by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education & Training Standards Commission.
- Meet all lateral transfer standards set by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education & Training Standards Commission.
- U.S. citizen
- Completion of high school or GED (some college preferred)
- 21 years of age or older
- Meet physical requirements
- No felony convictions or serious misdemeanor convictions in the past five years.
- No DWI/DUI convictions within 10 years.
- No domestic violence convictions.
- Valid North Carolina driver's license and no suspensions of driving privileges in past three years.
- Successful completion of NC Basic Law Enforcement Training program and eligible for certification from the North Carolina Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
- Must Be Able To Work 3rd Shift.
- Must Be Able To Work Overtime As Required.
- Must Be Able To Work Rotating Shifts.
- Must Be Able To Work Weekends And Holidays.
- Must Have Home Telephone.
- Must Have Reliable Transportation.